- Brill, R.H., 1965: "The Chemistry of the Lycurgus Cup," Proceedings of the VIIth International Congress on Glass, paper 223 ((Brussels: I.C.G.).
- Brill, R.H., 1988: in Excavations at Jalame, pp. 257-294 and Table 9-6 (ed., G.D. Weinberg: University of Missouri Press, Columbia).
- Brill, R.H. and Cahill, N.D., 1988: "A Red Opaque Glass from Sardis and Some Thoughts on Red Opaques in General," Journal of Glass Studies 30, 16-27.
- Brill, R.H. and Schreurs, J.W.H., 1984: "Iron and Sulphur Related Colors in Ancient Glass," Archaeometry 26, 199-209.
- Fleming, S.J., 1999: Roman Glass: Reflections on Cultural Change, Appendix A (University of Pennsylvania Museum, Philadelphia).
- Henderson, J., 1985: "The Raw Materials of Early Glass Production," Oxford Journal of Archaeology 4, 267-291.
- Weyl, W.A., 1951: Coloured Glasses, 121-131 and 420-432 (Sheffield: The Society of Glass Technology).
- Whitehouse, D. (ed.), 1990: "The Portland Vase," Journal of Glass Studies 32, 14-188.